OK, OK there is something that you should all know I HATE CHRISTMAS and December. Every year I find myself dreading it more and more and every year I have such a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit. I do manage to bring the spirit because of the kids....They LOVE Christmas, what child doesn't? I do know if it was not for my kids I would be spending my Christmas somewhere warm, near a beach and drinking a few amazing fruity alcoholic beverage enjoying the calm and quiet. However I do picture myself thinking while enjoying the calm and the sun and the alcohol what it would be like with a family and a winter-full Christmas...you always seem to want what you don't have, we need to learn to enjoy what we do have!!
This year the Christmas spirit is just taking a little longer then usual. I'm not sure if it is because we are just so insanely busy with everything in our lives (the new store and some extra little stress) that adding a few extra things in our 24 hours is just not possible, or because diabetes has kick our little butts last month. We made major changes to Cara's insulin amounts and her correction scale. Her A1C (I think that is what you all call it was 10.... not good) and it is taking a little longer to feel like we are doing a good job again. So our moods are a little on edge to say the least and of course the winter blues get me every year! I have a really hard time in the Winter getting motivated which always makes me feel worse. I always feel like I should have more things done and I should have done them better.
We have had a very stressful December to say the least and I'm just trying very hard to get into Christmas this year....for the kids!! BUT one thing that did help is our Secret Santa came in this week and we will be opening it before Christmas, the instructions told us too!! SO FUN....I feel that it may lead to a new Christmas tradition in our house :) (pics soon to come)
Now for the updates I have not heard back from the Dr Oz show yet...I'm really not sure if I ever will? Cara's BG #'s have been great, all the changes that we made are working and our sweet little Cara comes back once and a while. It is nice to see her again!! I have just joined the JDRF committee in our area to plan an amazing gala, this is very exciting and I feel great getting out and getting something done. The kids had their Christmas concert at school last week..... I felt like it was My kids and friends concert. Every group that went up seemed to have one of my four kids in it. That was kinda funny!! Santa made a special stop by the Candy Store for all the kids in the community this Saturday and we had our Pitre family Christmas Party (my dad's side) last night. It was wonderful to see my family again. My father is one of ten and it is always a party when you get that family together.
So the plan for this week is Christmas, Christmas, Christmas.... and catch up on some blog's!
While I was catching up on some blogs earlier I found this...I was tagged by Tracie at Such is Life
So here is my list of 5 things that I love:
1. Of course I have to say #1 I love my kids: their smiles, their laughs, their jokes, their little voices, their little foot steps, really every little thing about them from their heads to their toes.
2. Nap time: I don't know about you but after all the morning chaos and after lunch there is nothing better then putting all the kids to bed and having a little time to yourself and maybe even having a little cat nap.
3. Bake goods: mmmm there is nothing better to take all the stress away then eating some delicious bake goods. It does not matter what kind I love them all, cakes, cookies, brownies, fudge etc, etc...
4. Friends: I'm so lucky to have amazing groups of friends. Many of my friends I have know since high school and a few even grade school and I'm so happy that they are still in my life. They are a wonderful group of people that I can rely on and count on. Also there is an amazing group of women that through an crappy situation (diabetes) I have come to know and I'm so happy that they are in my life, you ladies are amazing....my D mom's!!
5. Music and Dancing: I know, that's two, however music and dancing go hand in hand for me, it just makes me happy!!